Thursday 4 February 2010

Priya Mango Pickle

I was visiting my mom over Christmas and she gave me her last bottle of this Indian condiment, a mixture of grated green mangos, oil and tons of hot spices. Apparently it is only made in this one factory in this one state of India (so I was told, I might have been lied to).


I positively grew up on this stuff and have elevated many dishes from good to great with it. I can't imagine eating some dishes without it. I used to spread it on buttered bread before I accepted that this was actually kind of gross. It was the last bottle because apparently it can no longer be sold in the United States due to failing FDA requirements!

I don't know what exactly this means. It could be anything from... they put sewage directly into the bottle to... they don't list nutritional content according to legal requirements. I'm hoping the problem is on this end of the spectrum. Beyond that, I don't want to know what the problem is. For all intents and purposes, this is the last bottle of this stuff in my world. I'm going to enjoy it in blissful ignorance.

And, boy, am I enjoying it. In everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment