Friday 26 February 2010

Pork Chops with cider, mustard and cream

Oooh, this is soooo good. I mentioned this and the vegetarian version a while ago, but I've decided the vegetarian version is not worth it. The non-veg version is the way to go, if you can.


You're going to need a pork chop, some hard cider, some wholegrain mustard and cream. Nigella Lawson's recipe has gnocchi to serve alongside. So that's what I'm trying here. It's the kind of gnocchi that comes premade in packages in British supermarkets. Don't know if they're available in the States, but it's also totally worth it making your own.


So season that pork chop.


And fry or grill it up.


Now, in the pan where you fried the pork chop, pour in a small cup of cider and reduce it down a bit.


Then add 1 big tablespoon of wholegrain mustard. Nigella used wholegrain and I used it too because it's sooooo pretty in the end.


Then add about a quarter cup of heavy cream and swirl it in.


Let it reduce and thicken a bit.


Meanwhile, you can boil your gnocchi. Drain it and throw it into the sauce. It'll thicken a bit and become totally luscious.


Spoon the gnocchi into your plate and spoon the extra sauce over the pork chop.


Doesn't it look beautiful??!!??


Oh man, it tastes so good too! It's got a subtle flavour, it's rich and warm and savoury. And the gnocchi is really soft and comforting like mashed potatoes. Come to think of it, you could have any carb with this--potatoes, mashed potatoes, I've had it with bread. It's soooooooo good. It tastes so good I'm going to make it right now (hey, it's lunchtime!).

Make this today. You will not regret it.

PS One of these days I'm going to make gnocchi again and take full pictures of it. Coming to a screen near you.


UPDATE: I'm eating it now. I don't even know what to do with myself it's so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment