Wednesday 24 February 2010

Diet Ho Hum

I'm trying to eat better, which tends to mean more veggies, less of everything else. Here's a lunch I had recently: stir fried veggies with soy sauce and a piece of salmon for lean protein.

I'm not a big fish eater, mainly because I hadn't figured out how to cook it until recently. Now I know it's very easy, very fast and actually pretty tasty. Not a vegetarian dish, unless you skip the salmon or use something else. Can be served with rice.


Get a bunch of vegetables. I really like eggplant, but the Economist does not. Good thing this was a solitary lunch.


Chop them up and stir fry them in olive oil.


Throw in some soy sauce at the end. Yummy. (Do it right at the end or it'll burn and smoke away.)


Salt and pepper that salmon. I love black pepper.


Grill up the salmon on the same pan. It's a pretty good combination of flavors. And healthy as heck. (Is that an expression?)

RECIPE PROFILE:
Recipe Type: Lunch or Dinner
Vegetarian Classification: Non-vegetarian, Adaptable

No comments:

Post a Comment